Company Schlösser Armaturen
Since 1954, high-quality fittings and valves have been the focus of production at Schlösser Armaturen.
Tradition and innovation as the key to success
In 1954, the Schlösser Armaturen factory in Olpe began manufacturing fittings and valves for modern building services. Today, they are still the focus of production – and convince with high-quality materials, high functionality and great reliability.
After its foundation by Johann Schlösser, the factory in the Sauerland region became one of the most important employers in the town on Lake Bigge until the end of the 1950s. Initially, production focused on shut-off valves and water meters.
In 1998, Schlösser Armaturen was taken over by the families de Gruyter and Stach and two years later integrated into the group of companies, which includes puteus GmbH from Tönisvorst and Heinrich Schulte GmbH & Co. KG from Iserlohn. At the Olpe site, the former traditional Werner Schütz company (founded in 1928) was integrated, so that Werner Schütz water meters are now produced and marketed under the Schlösser Armaturen umbrella.
The managing directors began a fundamental restructuring of production with robotic equipment to the standard of the modern automotive industry and invested in the expansion of the company headquarters through modern warehouse management and logistics. Innovative developments of fittings strengthened the company’s good reputation in the industry and laid the foundation for solid growth.
Well equipped in the new millennium
In order to be well positioned for the challenges of the new millennium, the owner families continuously invested in the location in Sauerland.
In May 2008, a new logistics hall of around 4,000 square meters was completed. A year later, in 2009, a 450-square-meter information and exhibition center opened for events and receptions.
At the beginning of 2015, after only six months of construction, a state-of-the-art logistics center with a floor area of 3,200 square meters was inaugurated. In the course of this, parts of the production could be relocated to the former shipping hall. In the same year, the company expanded its production of nuts and fittings by adding another modern manufacturing facility at the Iserlohn site.
In summer 2016, a modern office building with an area of approx. 1,000 square meters was occupied as the latest expansion. As at the entire site, Schlösser Armaturen also invested here in a modern and largely independent energy supply, thus making an important contribution to environmental protection.
As a result, Schlösser Armaturen in Olpe now produces on an area of 25,000 square meters and also uses further production areas and electroplating facilities on an area of 12,000 square meters at the headquarters of the sister company heinrichschulte in Iserlohn
The aim of the company, which has also made a name for itself in the region as a training company, is to set market-relevant standards through continuous further development in the product range and to strengthen confidence in products from Olpe.
Schlösser Armaturen – innovative ideas for Germany as a business location